Sunday, May 23, 2010

Leisure: Wanted: Mid-Century Modern Patio

My rambler was built in 1952 and by the looks of my patio after this last winter, one would think that the patio was originally built then, too. (Actually, that could be the case.)

My patio, with its charming red brick wall and two seating areas (only one is shown in the below pictures), is now cracked, warped, and creates uncomfortable puddles when it rains. Boo.

So, now I begin the process of designing a patio that reflects my appreciation for mid-century modern landscape design. Ideally it will have clean lines but be warm and comfortable. For those familiar with my patio, I am thinking about moving the dining area to the grill area, and turning the current dining area into a lounge area. Below are some pictures I found online that caught my eye.

So, maybe by July 2011 I will finally get around to having a housewarming party (three years later!) and can unveil a new patio!

Best,
Hadley

4 comments:

  1. Can't WAIT to see how this turns out! What a great excuse to re-housewarm too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very good info an extremely wonderful weblog. thanks!!

    Landscape Gardening Norfolk & Landscape Design Norwich

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you.

    Mangrove Maintenance Marathon & Palm Tree Trimming Marathon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kevin,

      Thank you for your comment! And I see you left a prior comment; I never received notification of it.

      I'm not posting to this blog anymore. However, I'm still writing, but at www.sbhadleywilson.com.

      Delete